I have many thoughts while running. After all, it’s just you and your mind for well over half an hour. Running offers you that much needed peace and quiet, away from our modern lifestyles.
Wow, what a beautiful day for a run.
Oh my gaaadddd I’ve been running for less than 1 minute and I already feel out of breath.
This feels awful! My body just doesn’t want to run today…
I think I’ll just run 5k today. That feels achievable.
How fast should I be going? I feel like I could go a bit faster.
Oh nope. Too fast.
Okay it’s starting to feel a little bit easier. How far have I been running?
Do I even like running?
I wonder what I look like when I run.
I feel like a leaping gazelle.
Oh look another runner. I better speed up and breath a little harder.
I’m going to take over…
Wow that felt great.
Ok I’m going to slow down now. I better run this way so they don’t see me slowing down.
What are these people doing in front of me? Can they not hear me coming? Move out of the way, people!
Maybe if I pound my feet harder they’ll hear me coming and let me pass.
I hope they don’t think some mad woman chasing them.
Okay, the road it is.
Cyclists you’re just going to have to let me pass. You can swerve.
21. Ah a pedestrian crossing. Hurry up green light, hurry up green light.
22. Oh my god it’s the longest red light EVER!
23. I better jog on the spot so it looks like I’m taking this seriously.
24. Finally! Now I’m free!
25. Wow. This feels great. I feel like I could run forever.
26. But wait, if I run four more miles, that means I have to run six miles back. Can I do that?
27. Is it cheating if I get the train back?
28. Soooo looking forward to nice warm shower when I get back. I feel like a sweaty mess.
29. What should I eat? Something healthy…
30. But a pizza would go down a treat right now. Ooh and a chocolate milkshake! They’re good for you right?
31. Yes, that’s right, I’m running. Stare all you like.
32. Wow that jogger looks so serene. How can she look so amazing whilst running?
33. I wonder what I look like when running?
34. Oh no is that a blister I can feel? Better run faster…
35. I’m so close to home yay!
36. So, a running a marathon means I’d have to do this run SEVEN times.
38. I’d need to train for like, forever!
39. But everyone looks so happy when they do the London Marathon.
40. I’m going to sign up for it.
41. Yayyy! Home time. Now I really need the loo.
42. Wow. I feel great. I feel like I could do that all over again.
43. Maybe not.
44. Now for a lovely hot shower. I deserve it.
45. I guess running isn’t so bad after all.